If you’ve always wanted to make your own clothes then join Leah Halliday at her introduction to dressmaking workshops.
This workshop is a great introduction to making a simple garment and will help you understand the basic principles of dressmaking before moving onto making your own clothes with a commercial pattern. You’ll learn how to lay pattern pieces correctly onto the fabric and she’ll take you step by step through the garment making process. You’ll also learn basic pattern adjustments so you can decide what leg length you require.
Leah will provide a pattern for you which you get to take home with you. You’ll need to bring along some fabric and notions of your choice.
You will learn how to do all these things…
- How to make a simple pair of trousers
- Working from a pattern
- Understanding pattern terminology
- How to make simple adaptions to your pattern
- Laying out a pattern
- Pinning and Cutting Fabric
- Sewing Seams & Seam Finishing
- Basic Overlocking
- Insert an elastic waistband
- Sewing trims and ribbons
- Hemming techniques
- Ironing & Pressing techniques