About the Day
Free Motion Quilting will run from 9.30am until 4pm and includes refreshments throughout the day including fresh coffee, teas and a light lunch.
9.30am Arrival and set-up
9.45am Introduction to free motion quilting. Demonstration of some stitched samples and then start having fun with stitching.
11.00am Refreshment break, stitching the piece will commence.
1pm More fun with Free Motion Quilting
You will need:
- Sewing machine with extension table. Please bring your foot pedal if you have a machine with stop/start facility Free motion foot. Open toe foot is best if available.
- 3/4 quilt sandwiches, fat quarter size. Choose a solid, or fabric that reads as plain.
- Thread to contrast with your fabrics, bring a variety of thread to try.
- Machine needles appropriate to your threads.
- Machine quilting gloves, machingers are my gloves of choice.
- Usual sewing kit, scissors etc.
- Marking pen/pencil.
If you have any queries about the equipment please get in touch as we can forward them to Carol for her expert recommendations.
The workshop takes place in the First Floor Gallery space. There is a flight of stairs and no lift access. If you have any access issues, please get in touch to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note our cancellation policy.